Healthy Living for
the educated consumer.
Hemp foods have become increasingly popular in the natural foods market and beyond. Consumers are educating themselves to the multiple health and environmental benefits of hemp. We have worked with companies that make an array of products that include hemp, such as cereals, granola, milk, ice cream, protein shakes, and breads. The beneficial proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential amino acids, make hemp an easy addition to your products to make them more nutritious. The flavor is great too, just ask us for a sample!
Old Fashioned Oats with Hemp Seeds
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp. hemp seeds (raw or toasted)
1 tbsp. honey
Dash of salt
On the stove top:
1. Boil water and salt.
2. Stir in oats and dried cranberries.
3. Cook for five minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the hemp seeds and honey in the last minute. Add a splash of milk at the end for a creamier taste.
Strawberry Banana Hemp Seed Smoothie
3 cups strawberries
1 cup fresh coconut water
2 tbsp. hemp seeds
Ice as needed
Blend in your blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Hemp Recipes Designed By Your Customers
Mixed Green Salad with Maple-Nut Clusters and Blueberry Dressing
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup raw walnut halves
1 1/2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
3 Tbs. hemp oil
3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
12 cups mixed baby salad greens
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
1. To make Maple-Nut Clusters: Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix hemp seeds with cinnamon and salt in small bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts, and toast 4 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan often. Add hemp seed mixture, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in maple syrup, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Cool, then break apart into clusters.
3. To make Salad: Purée 1/2 cup blueberries, hemp oil, and lemon juice in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Toss salad greens and mint in large bowl with 1/4 cup dressing. (Serve remaining 1/4 cup dressing on the side, if desired.) Divide greens among serving plates, and top each with remaining blueberries and Maple-Nut Clusters.
Comsumers are blogging, facebooking, emailing, and tweeting their friends about the benefits of hemp and sharing their favorite products and recipes. Use hemp in your products and they'll be talking about you!